Thursday 26 February 2015

Parliament-Funkadelic - Live @Capitol Theatre Passaic NJ (6/11/78)


0:00:00 - James Wesley Jackson's opening monologue & band intros
0:06:58 - Uncle Jam
0:12:03 - Cholly (Funk Gettin' Ready To Roll) / I Got A Thing, You Got A Thing, Everybody's Got A Thing
0:33:27 - Cosmic Slop
0:41:06 - Give Up The Funk / Night Of The Thumpasorus Peoples
1:00:24 - Red Hot Mama
1:10:04 - Into You
1:17:14 - Standing On The Verge Of Getting It On / Tyrone Lampkin drum solo / Standing On The Verge Of Getting It On (reprise)
1:34:19 - Maggot Brain
1:47:04 - One Nation Under A Groove
2:12:54 - Mothership Connection / Swing Down, Sweet Chariot
2:33:02 - Flash Light
3:01:24 - One Nation Under A Groove (Reprise)
Personnel:
George Clinton - vocals
Michael Hampton - guitar
Garry Shider - guitar, vocals
Cordell "Boogie" Mosson Jr. - bass
William "Billy Bass" Nelson Jr. - bass
Bernie Worrell - keyboards
Walter "Junie" Morrison - keyboards
Tyrone Lampkin - drums
James Wesley Jackson - vocals
Grady Thomas - vocals
Calvin "Thang" Simon - vocals
Dawn Silva - vocals
Lynn Mabry - vocals
On the twelfth of December 1978 I caught this show at the Hammersmith Odeon in London. My life has never been the same since

1 comment:

  1. I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
    I was not offended
    For I knew I had to rise above it all
    Or drown in my own shit.

    ReplyDelete