Thursday 1 March 2012

Norman Westberg's Brain

Several years ago I noticed a loss of hearing in my right ear and decided that it was high time that I had it checked out by a professional. The audiologist confirmed the uneven hearing loss and recommended an MRI. The purpose of the MRI was to make sure that there was not something other than my own aural misadventures causing the uneven loss. As I was checking out after the scan, the receptionist handed me a disc to give to my doctor. I went home and immediately plugged it into my computer and voila, over 100 scanned slices of my head.
Each of the 75 CDs in this limited edition is printed with one of these scans. No two are the same. Each CD is hand signed and numbered.
The track is a 15+ minute atmospheric guitar piece. I played my Telecaster into two amps with an array of delays and effects. Tracked onto a Porta 1 tape recorder, then manipulated in Sound Forge, 16bit, 44.1 Stereo Wave for the finish. This track is done as one pass.
This is homemade all the way.

Limited Edition of 75 - CD by Norman Westberg

(Thanx Martin!)

No comments:

Post a Comment