Friday 16 March 2012

Interview with Andrew Weatherall

Is there any one record that you’ve released that you feel most encapsulates what you’re about or that is your favourite one?
I really like on the Dixie-Narco EP, the Primal Scream EP, there’s a cover of Dennis Wilson’s ‘Carry Me Home which I really like. Its back to the death ballad theme its very epic. I got a woman to play a double bass with a bow and it’s just a really ghostly, otherworldly record which I always come back to. Not just because of the ways it sounds but because of the memories. We did it in Memphis and when I hear it I can smell Memphis, I can picture Sun Studios. I can picture being back at Graceland walking around. We went there in autumn so it had an even more faded glory than it does anyway and made the whole experience all the more wistful. That whole feeling of Memphis in autumn is encapsulated in that track.
MORE
Via As You Are Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment